The foundation was established in 2012 by James Omolo. The institution works thanks to the support of volunteers. The organization's main objective is to build a bridge between Africa and Poland by involving local and international environments on many levels. Africa Connect makes people more sensitive to other cultures and the socio-economic issues.
Its founder is the main initiator and pioneer in creation of changes leading to concentration on activities related to sustainable development and integration. He believes that the most effective way to make people more aware of socio-economic issues, is to involve them directly and to encourage them to work together.
He assumes that every man is the leader of changes and that he has the right and obligation to "be the change". Together, as one, he believes in the power of changing the world around us.
In order to achieve this Africa Connect organizes frequent events of multiple profiles: seminars, workshops, ex-change programs and provides counseling.
- supporting and taking part in social life through education, culture and fundraising
- running the Information Centre to facilitate establishing contacts between people in Poland and Africa
- compiling and publishing of information materials
- co-operation in trade fairs and exhibitions
- promotion of Polish products and services as well as supporting African goods (e.g. arts and crafts) and services in Poland
- organization of individual and collective exhibitions of African artists and Polish films, engaging in competitions
- organizing various forms of cultural development to support foundation's goals
- organizing and supporting sports events
- help with translating and interpreting foreign languages, promotional materials
- organizing meetings of members from Poland and from abroad, identifying new directions of co-operation
Fundacja Afryka Connect (Afryka Connect Foundation)
ul. Chmielna 26/19