British Council is the United Kingdom's international organisation for educational opportunities and cultural relations. Poland was one of the first countries in which the British Council started its work – the first operations were opened in 1938. We have worked from the building at Al. Jerozolimskie in Warsaw since 1948.
At the moment British Council is an international network of around 7,500 people in 233 towns and cities in 109 countries and territories.
Main activities include:
- Offering English language courses and development opportunities for English language teachers and teacher trainers.
- Offering British language and vocational examinations.
- Supporting innovative arts events.
- Providing information and advice to Poles who want to study in the UK and offering prestigious scholarships programmes.
- Promoting dialogue between societies in Poland and the UK.
- Supporting co-operation and sharing knowledge of contemporary science.
- Opening gates to information about the UK and providing multitude of e-resources and top learning/teaching materials.
tel.: 22 695 59 00